Monday, May 21, 2007

Ugh

It is definitely one of those days that the best thing I can say for myself is that I don't look as bad as I thought I did. And this entry will be a far cry from my lofty goal of 'focusing' instead of whining. I will pretty much just whine.

I am afraid that I may be coming down with a cold...or maybe it's just allergies. But, I'm afraid it's a cold. I'm going to begin a Dayquil regimen this evening, because I cannot get sick right now!

The weekend was a little bit nuts, as I attended Ben's graduation on Friday morning, and attended to various familial obligations for the rest of the weekend, while trying to show my apartment to interested parties. I won't bore you with a play-by-play, but I can definitely say that I did not bring my A-game, because I ate way too much the whole time, and when I went to see friends on Friday night, I fell asleep on the couch almost immediately after arrival. Lame.

This week, I have at least two more apartment showings, I'm going up to the seamstress to make sure the dress alterations are sufficient, and I've got to pack for the big move on Saturday. A week from Wednesday I will head up to Dallas for a whirlwind of parties and dinners and THE wedding. Come June 3 I will limp home and want to sleep for days (instead I will go back to work, because I will have no vacation or sick time left!).

Yay for the move! Leanne and I already have plans to go to Ikea and to pick up her new doggie! Of course I am nervous, excited, anxious and a little sad to leave my dear, old neighborhood. However, change is for the good in this case, and, as Hope pointed out, a new neighborhood gives me the opportunity to meet a whole new crop of boys! haha.

Anyway, all these things are good, and I really want to be happy and to be present emotionally, not stressed or withdrawn. If I become cranky, someone, please, hand me an apple (because I've probably forgotten to eat) and remind me to be happy. This strategy has worked since I was two. *Note that napping does not work; I simply cannot sleep during the daytime hours.

Alright. Now that I've got that off my chest I feel ready to take it all on! Life, here I come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

feel better, dear one!

and remember, it's all gonna be over SO fast!!

Anonymous said...

plans to go to Ikea and to pick up her new doggie (are you getting the doggie at Ikea)

MaRK