Some of you may notice that I deleted my 'ode' to my workplace that I published earlier this month. I received an anonymous note from another employee here, warning me that this post was coming up 2nd on google searches for my work's name and that I might be fired if I left it up there. Yikes! How dumb I am??
Of course it was embarrassing to receive this note, but let's face it: I needed the warning. I don't know whether this stranger will check this blog again after their alert. However, stranger, if you do: thanks! Really, thank you!!
I may not like it here, but I need this job for a while longer. And, hey, at least the gym membership is cheap!
Oh, and if you're from HR, please realize that I wrote that post on an especially bad day here, and I know the firm takes good care of me financially. I'm just not cut out to do this work long term...and I know it...and I'm apparently tactless enough to announce it to everyone. Sorry! It won't happen again!
3 comments:
haha... that's wonderful!!
Yeah, I had a boss who found out that I was quitting and going back to school because I had it on my homepage. This was like 5 years ago, and I was the #1 search on google. Scary stuff. Privatize your myspace, facebook, and whatever else you have. You really should keep your private life and professional life separate. I've preached this for years and years.
no worries, i'm not from HR. :-) i've just heard horror stories so when i saw the post on the google search i wanted to give you a heads up. don't fear! i think we caught it before any real damage was done.
Post a Comment