Wednesday, May 16, 2007

78704

Hi all:

In my crazy, whirlwind of a life I have somehow found a place to live, in a cool neighborhood with a roommate. God bless Leanne! If it weren't for her, I would probably be stuck in my box for another year.

We found a nice, spacious place at The Brook apartments at Woodland and I-35. It is on the edge of Travis Heights, but it is nonetheless in Travis Heights. Our patio looks out onto trees!! I'm excited! Leanne and I are a little bit worried that we may be in over our heads with the number of bills we'll have to pay. However, there's so much space and washer/dryer connections and two bathrooms and extra closets that we don't care right now. Ask me in two months. I'll sing a different tune, perhaps.

Anyway, I have a little bit of a situation, which probably isn't a surprise to anyone given the generally cavalier manner in which I've handled this entire moving process. I forgot to give 30 days notice at my current place...so I presently have two apartments in Austin for the month of June.

Unless you know someone just dying to move into an adorable, wooded efficiency just blocks north of UT and a two block stumble north of the delightful Crown and Anchor Pub. Who wouldn't want to have their own private pad in which to think, and dream, and study, and cook, and live enveloped in trees, with all the conveniences of university life at hand?

Ok. Shameless plug over...seriously, if you or anyone you know is looking for a place let me know. Ha! Oh yeah, and can anyone recommend good movers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

post that paragraph onto craigslist as a sublease ad. it sounds quirky. kids like quirky. they'll pay for it.

Anonymous said...

awesome! one of my really good friends lived there for a year, and it was SO pretty!!

congratulations!!

we signed our lease for the duplex this afternoon.

woohoo for us!!!