Hey all,
Well, I'm officially a resident of Travis Heights, or the 0-4, as my co-worker Jake would say. (He also says that I now take the 1-4 bus to work. Apparently Travis Heights dwellers like to say all numbers in single digits.)
It was a whirlwind weekend. Matt and Rebekah (my two most opposite friends) helped me pack on Thursday night. Friday I packed more and moved two carloads of stuff to the new place. I went to bed early...sick. Saturday morning: one more carload to the place, and then my movers came. They were great, and got me out and in in under two hours. Leanne's family moved her in, and later we all went to Home Depot to buy ceiling fans. Leanne's dad installed them in our bedrooms. Nice! Mark, Leanne and I spent the rest of Saturday doing some unpacking and arranging furniture. Jarad and Jason came over to help us break in the place.
Sunday morning Leanne's parents bought us breakfast. Then I met up with Maggie and some other people for lunch. Later that day, after an unsuccessful trip to Ikea, we (Mark, Leanne, Jarad, and I) got the dog! Okay Leanne got her dog. He's adorable. I'm glad that we'll have a little friend around the house. I also forced Leanne to help me organize the kitchen. Jarad and Jason made us a delicious pasta dinner that night. It was fun! But, I'm having to readjust to having people around more often than not. It's strange to be at home and hear people talking. Is that sad?
Yesterday I spent ALL DAY cleaning my old place. I stopped by Longhorn Po-Boys for lunch in a moment of nostalgia. Then, I really allowed things to get out of hand. I think that I was feeling so anxious about getting my deposit back and making things look nice for the new tenant that I just kept scrubbing and scrubbing...until I realized that no amount of scrubbing could remove entirely the dinge of years on top on an old paint job. (By the way: YAY! I found someone to lease the place!) All in all in probably cleaned for 5 or 6 hours.
Right at the end of my cleaning, as I was about to lose it, David just happened to stop by and took over the vacuuming. It was a welcome respite, and he was welcome company. To round out the evening and to say good-bye to the neighborhood, I dropped by my friend Pat's house and he drove me to dinner.
This morning I woke up anxious to be sure to catch the 1-4 on time. I was incredibly early, but I enjoyed waiting in the beautiful TREES of my new neighborhood. And, my bus only takes about 15 minutes to get to work, instead of 25 or 30.
Great friends, a great new place, beautiful trees and a shorter bus ride. Am I spoiled or what?
No comments:
Post a Comment