Well, I'm no longer so depressed about the decision facing me. It is pretty exciting to have to make a choice of some kind. Am not the one who complained for weeks about wanting to have to make a choice instead of going to UT by default? Here it is: the decision I asked for. Silly me, asking for things I didn't know that I wouldn't really want.
Anyway, my plan of attack to the upcoming decision is pretty simple. This Friday I will be attendint UT's recruitment program, which will afford me the opportunity to speak with the professor who shares my interests and seems to care about me and my future. The first week of April I will go to UChicago for 3 days for their recruitment program to find out more about this mysterious Master's program. I'll actually be in Chicago April 4 through 8. My mom is coming with me, and we'll spend the weekend days after the program in Chicago to check out the city. She and Dad used to live there, and she has several friends there, so it should be fun. I'm looking forward to the trip, regardless of the outcome. In addition, to the trips, I plan to consult friends who have travelled this road before me.
Anyway, just remind me that these are things to be excited about, not depressed and anxious. I'm going to Chicago!! I'll keep you all posted on the decision, as things unfold.
No comments:
Post a Comment