Thursday, March 29, 2007

my city

Yesterday I went for a run by Town Lake around 2:30. I decided to try a new route, which took me on a loop from Congress over to S. 1st, across the S. 1st bridge, back to Congress and across the Congress bridge. This loop is about a mile, so I made the loop twice. (I'm up to about 2 miles without stopping now!)

As I finished the first loop I ran across the Congress bridge for the first time ever. I've driven across the bride before, and the view is sometimes breath-taking. However, running across it, mid-day, in full sunshine is even better. The water sparkled, and I could see all of the buildings standing out against the blue, blue sky. It was incredible.

I went on a walk last night as well. I got home earlier than usual, and the outdoors was just too tempting to resist. I just ambled around my neighborhood, my only object being to see trees, trees, trees. Everything is so green out right now, and the grass and trees stand out so clearly at dusk. I could even smell burgers on the grill at one of my neighbor's apartments, which reminded me of the joys of long summer evenings. It was a perfect evening.

I fell in love with my city all over again yesterday.

3 comments:

lifegentlyunwrapped said...

this is quite wonderful! I only I wish I had take similar walks (sadly, I was in the PCL until midnight)

matt said...

don't walk into a bear!

Anonymous said...

give her a kiss for me. right in the middle of the congress bridge.