It's been a while. Next week is my trip to Chicago, and I'm sooooo excited! It will be interesting to see what the Masters program there is really all about. However, I am most excited about seeing the sights with my mom. I think we're going to see the Blue Man Group, and we'll probably visit some museums. Can't Wait!!
About growing up: My brother picked me after a long day at work yesterday, and we went to Chipotle (not exciting, but he had a coupon!). Ben and I have always gotten along well (except for fighting over the front seat or the TV remote), and our conversation yesterday was really just pleasant. We don't see each other as frequently as we used to when we were roommates, classmates, and fellow church members last year, but I don't think the separation has been entirely unhealthy for our relationship.
Over conversation I learned that I had no idea that Ben had almost forgotten to apply to graduate or that he didn't quite finish a lab report this week due to procrastination, but these things didn't bother me. In years past, I would have been aware of all of these little details of his life, and I undoubtedly would have been nagging him to finish things, or pick up his clothes, or whatever. Now, I just enjoy his company, and I have much less opportunity to become frustrated with him, which is really quite nice.
I realized all over again that my brother is really great guy. He gets things done in a way that is acceptable to him and doesn't harm his prospects. He's grown up into someone responsible and mature and fun. And maybe I've grown up enough to see my brother as an adult whom I respect, instead of a little kid who needs constant supervision. (Plus, he's getting married, so I can relinquish that responsibility to Lucy--for good!)
1 comment:
agreed. josh is a much cooler person now that we don't live together.
Post a Comment