Is the title of the book, by Deepak Chopra, I've been reading lately. I'm excited about this book, because it has given me some sort of spiritual framework for understanding myself and God in a new way. I have felt the first sign of hope and movement toward inner peace since I began my 'sabbatical' from church back in August.
Chopra approaches the idea of God from a perspective that is essentially areligious. He doesn't denigrate religion, but rather blends ideas from both Eastern and Western religious traditions to discuss spiritual growth. I may eventually discuss ideas from the book instead of this simple review, but for now I'm just spreading the word.
I know that not all of you are 'into' religion or spiritual quest, or at least it doesn't occupy your thoughts in the obsessively neurotic manner that it does mine, but I still recommend the book to spiritual searchers. I mention the book, also, for those of you who have been aware of my spiritual languor, because I wanted you to know that something good is finally happening. I'm getting my energy back.
P.S. Nothing new on the grad school front.
2 comments:
You know how often I check this page for grad school news? I'm more nervous than you! So, there's an interesting singer on tomorrow at the Continental at 7. Is that too early? Otherwise, I'll find something to do later on..
good to hear, love.
funny how it's all coming full circle lately.
Post a Comment