Monday, December 04, 2006

My dad turned 50

So we had a big party for him Saturday afternoon in Grand Prairie (where my parents live). The party was great. My mom rented a room at local rec center, which is the most beautiful rec center I've ever seen, unlike most of them that usually smell like a locker room. We catered in cajun food and a cake. My dad's friends took time to say some words about him, and they all had such nice things to say. My pop really is a stellar guy. I know I'm lucky to have him.

I think, though, that I am about ready to be done with all this traveling. This was my third weekend in a row out of town, so I am tired and my apartment desparately needs to be cleaned and decorated for Christmas. And my remaining grad school apps are haunting me. Oh well. I guess I'm just ready to slow down for a little while.

Speaking of Christmas, I am perhaps the least excited about the holiday as I've ever been. I suppose it has a lot to do with the fact that I only get one day off work officially. I keep thinking that I will finally get to relax at Christmas, then I remember that I will probably only be able to take 3 extra days off work, maybe 4, and this realization depresses me. That's life, though. I also don't know what to get people or to do for them, so I'm not excited about gifts like I usually would be. Aren't my friends sick of homemade cookies as presents by now?

Alright, enough whining! I have the whole week to accomplish all the little things I've been complaining about, and I have my firm's holiday party to look forward to Saturday night. My dress is really pretty and funky.

No comments: