I don't think I've even written this blog so many times in one week.
Last week I wrapped a giant, empty box for our holiday toy drive here, and in a spirit of rebellion I tacked up a large scrap of wrapping paper to the outside of my cubicle. Today I took things up a notch.
Last night at good will I bought two garlands of plastic stars, which really are probably for the 4th of july (they're red, white and blue). I hung one of them on the walls of mine and the adjoining empty cubicle. Then I cut out the Santas and other ornaments from the wrapping paper and tacked them up individually. My co-worker Marilyn and I bought bows and stockings to put my cubicle and on our friend Jake's cubicle, as a surprise. Pretty much our cubicles are the only source of holiday cheer or non-neutral colors in the whole hallway. I love it! And I got such a rush for 'rebelling' against the BMC machine. haha. Definitely a fun day.
But, seriously, why shouldn't I decorate around here? I spend more of my waking hours in this dang cube than anywhere else Monday through Friday!
2 comments:
how are things? coffee this week after you finish work?
wednesday after work? same place? what time?
p.s. remind me: do you live upstairs or downstairs?
Post a Comment