Don't worry. I will not post any links to NY Times articles this morning. I am going to try not to turn into some crazed ranter. Too much time alone in a cubicle lends itself to over-analyzing pretty much everything. (I will still probably rant on occasion and send out distressed cries for help.)
It was a really good weekend, in a lot of ways. Friday night I went to happy hour with some co-workers. As usual, I was quite nervous. Thankfully, the people were very nice, and I managed to relax and have a good time making conversation. Saturday I woke up grumpy, but I finally fixed my stupid cell phone, renewing my connection to other human beings, which drastically improved my mood. I worked on grad school apps for a while, and I bought a new, fantastic novel (The Historian--don't make fun...ok, make fun). I spent most of the late afternoon and early evening reading it. I felt like I reconnected with myself in spending several hours reading in the quiet. I miss doing that so much!!
Saturday night Mark, Leanne and I went to the Parish to listen to several bands, including Alpha Rev, a local Austin band. The cellist is a co-worker here at work. I thought most of the bands were great, and Alpha Rev was so good that at one point I actually stopped thinking, which happens quite seldom for me. It's nice just to be in the moment sometimes. Mark and Leanne win the prize for coolest Austin friends ever. I have had most of my best 'Austin' moments with them in the past month or so. (Since you are two of my most loyal readers, I must give you props as often as possible--right???)
Sunday I hung out with Ben and Lucy for a while. Then I read a little of the Qur'an for my class and once again experience renewed joy in reading and studying. In the afternoon I attended a going away party for my friend Kristi, who is moving to NYC to work in fashion. (Good for her!) Sunday night I went to my class on the Qur'an, and I was really interested in the professor's discussion of the sacred vs. the profane. I really do need to work in religious studies.
Now...I'm back at work. I've promised not to say what I think about work on Mondays, so I will leave off in the glow of a lovely weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment