So, it's almost three am on Friday night (Saturday morning?). Whatever. I am wide awake, which is not entirely unprecedented, but unusual to say the least. I wish I had some great story for my present late-night alertness, like a fantastic date or a great concert or something along those lines, but I can only blame my stomach.
After work, I went with some co-workers--not the usual crowd, but two who actually work on my floor--to have a couple of drinks. We had this huge mailing project, so we went out to celebrate. Two maragaritas later, I was just in time for happy hour with the other work people. I ate some greasy food to soak up the margaritas, followed up by a couple more drinks...It was more to drink than I'd had in a while. I took the bus home from downtown around 8 PM, arrived home, and eventually crawled into bed around 10.
An early end to the night, but it was probably all for the best...until I woke up at 12:30. Probably the alcohol had finally completely worn off; plus some guys across the street were having a rather loud party and my windows were open. I tried to read myself back to sleep, but a combination of a dracula story with my lovely acid reflux issues (*which are, of course, exacerbated by drinking of any kind) prevented me from relaxing. My stomach causes me ongoing problems of this kind.
Now I'm still wide awake. I signed on AIM for the first time in weeks, only to realize that naturally no one was online, because they would be either asleep or out doing something cool like the rest of the people my age. It is Friday. So, gentle readers, I'm left wondering about myself--but, I suppose I should be banned from evaluating my life both on Monday mornings and on crappy late nights. And now...back to Dracula.
No comments:
Post a Comment