Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Memory Almost Full

Monday, my first full day in Dallas, my mom insisted that I listen to Paul McCartney's newest album, Memory Almost Full. It is a really great album.

Later that night, while Dad was cleaning up the dishes, we turned it back on and began dancing around the kitchen. A feeling of sadness washed over me in the midst of all the joy of dancing. I thought about how this one silly moment of dancing was special and that I would think back on times like that when my mother dies one day.

I guess I was thinking about it because my mom told me how much the music reminds her of her younger days, and that made me think about just how quickly life will pass. I can't imagine life without my parents, and yet one day they will not be here. It made me glad to be in Dallas for a while...even if it can be boring at times.

Sorry for the morbid and perhaps trite moment.

No comments: