Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Sometimes Humility isn't Enough

Most of you probably already know that I've been canned. It happened Monday after lunch. Well...I have. I elaborate too much, but suffice to say that the 'ode' from last month was apparently a fireable offense against my former workplace. Notice how even now, when they've fired me, I make no mention of their name.

Really I'm not angry. Still a little shocked. I can understand why they felt the need to fire me based on the amount of exposure that stupid, joking poem received. However, it seems extreme to me...As David reminded me, according Aristotle, if I person unknowingly does wrong, but admits it was wrong after the fact, they ought not be held responsible for wrong-doing. And I don't even desire complete exoneration, just to be held more loosely responsible, since I did not act with malicious intent. No vicious will here people, just stupid naivete.

Oh well. We all know I didn't really like that job, so I guess I'm just meant to find something else to do with my life this summer...part of which includes buying a wireless card so that I don't have to keep using Leanne's computer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i'll say it again...


l a m e.

Crystalline said...

wow, that is ridiculous. at least you have time now to enjoy some summer fun!

Anonymous said...

oh man, when i heard about this i was bummed out for you. i promise those of us in my department who found it tried to advise you immediately and did not inform anyone else about it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

WHAT???? WTFFF??? I hate them!
:(