Hi, all. The link takes you to an article about states which are switching back to ballot systems that leave a paper trail. I think I may have read and/or posted something about this sometime last year, but I can't remember for sure. Maybe it was Leanne's recent post about national paper day that made me pay attention to this issue.
Anyway, it interests me, because I know that many companies and businesses are trying to go 'paperless' in their office practices. However, voting is one example of problems that can arise from a lack of paper records.
Also I tend to think about future historians (as long as the world doesn't implode from pollution or explode from nuclear weapons!). I wonder what sorts of materials they will have to work with. Ancient historians now use whatever ancient documents they can dig up from the ground, and of course more modern historians have access to a greater number of mostly paper records. I guess in the future historians may scour the internet for evidence of what people read and thought about, and it seems like an overwhelmingly daunting task. (Maybe the job market for historians and researchers will increase!!) But, who knows?
Well, I think I've allowed my brain to wander long enough, and I've definitely milked this topic for all its worth (and then some). I hope you all have a great weekend. I will be driving to New Orleans and back to visit my dear friend Brigette!
No comments:
Post a Comment