Friday, January 26, 2007

Why I haven't Said Much this Week

This paragraph from an email to my dad pretty much sums up my week:

"Well. I'm back at the office. This morning as I was thinking about the additional 4 or so hours I will have to put in on the horrible database project I've been doing all week, I wondered, "why am I wasting my youth here?" I know that sounds a touch histrionic (it is, I suppose), but I woke up wanting to move around and go somewhere today, and I had to come here instead. All this energy and enthusiasm squashed under a mountain of spreadsheets. Sigh."

One the attorneys gave me a huge database project Tuesday afternoon, which I worked on almost non-stop until today at 1:15 (while on the clock only, of course!). I think I am going to go home early today, maybe in 30 minutes. My brain is pretty much goo, and my eyes just don't want to focus on the screen, even after a half-hour walk up and down Congress. It really does seem a waste of my talents and my mind to compile data...but I did learn about 15 more functions on Excel, and I suppose someone has to compile the world's data. How else can we make progress?? (Although, I say that with a touch of cynicism, because all my work will do is make money for an attorney who can't even remember my last name.)

Ok. I'll stop with the negativity. This week has been tremendously good after work. I decided to hire a personal trainer at my brand new gym, Gold's Gym downtown. It's a lot of money, but I think it will be worth it when I am toned and my body fat is down to a healthy percentage. I have been loving it so far! I've also had a couple of fun evenings with different friends for whom I cooked, and I had another choir rehearsal last night. Our next concert will be sung entirely in Russian! yay!

Mom and Dad will be here this weekend, making up the trip they missed due to "Ice Storm 2007". (hahahahahahahaha!) It should be good.

Hm. Well. I guess that's about it. My mind is too worn to say anything thought-provoking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Singing completely in Russian!?! That is pretty spectacular. :)