For those of you loyal readers who haven't already been pestered, I want you to know that my choir, the Choral Arts Society, will be performing this weekend on Friday at 7 PM in Lakeway and on Saturday at 8 PM on UT campus. We will perform Rachmaninov's Vespers, which is a beautiful, heartsy piece, sung in Russian. Let me know if you're interested in coming.
I've been grouchy today. Probably my lack of decent sleep which has been mounting for a week or so now contributes most to that. However, I am sick of work. I have been working on an article for one of the attorneys, who will take credit for writing it for another attorney. I know this is how the professional world often goes, but it still irks me. To add insult to injury, the article I wrote was actually a well crafted narrative of the President's proposed budget for FY 2008. (Riveting subject, I know.) Anyway, after I'd already written this beautiful narrative, she decided that she wanted a list with descriptive paragraphs instead of a narrative. I have figured out how to do this, but I hate to destroy my work, which, in my less-than-humble opinion, is better than the way she wants me to do it.
Finally, I haven't heard from any more grad programs as of this morning, but I continually feel a deep sense of dread every time I open the mail box or check my email...
No comments:
Post a Comment