I don't really want to go into the details. I just had one of those rude encounters with a male student today. He wouldn't listen to me explain why he had gotten the grade he had gotten, and he repeatedly told me that he thought I was wrong. I can't help but suspect that male students are consistently more aggressive with me just because I'm a woman. I'm not sure that it's a conscious thing. I've just noticed that anecdotally, the students who are rude and aggressive to me most of the time are male.
It's still bothering me a few hours later, but I don't want to spend all day chewing on it. Rudeness happens. It would be good for me to let this one go...
**Addendum**
Several other very sweet, respectful students came by this afternoon after this morning's unpleasantness. Good to have a reminder that there are reasons I like working with college students.
No comments:
Post a Comment