Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Good Things

I'm still feeling the burn, but I wanted to say that life IS good. A friend of mine said yesterday that she's been trying to combat feeling overwhelmed by reminding herself of three good things in moments that are stressful. I'm going to try that today.

1. The weekend before last I went to an academic conference on Science and Religion at Princeton Univ. I had a great time exploring Princeton and meeting new, interesting people.

2. Matt and I are very happy. I took him out for a nice dinner at a place called Blue Star Cafeteria on Friday. They serve HALF PRICE appetizers before 7 PM, so we feasted like kings on a grad student budget. Then we took a walk and picked up dessert. It was a nice evening, and it felt good to do something nice for him.

3. I got to read some Thomas Paine for class this week. I always enjoy that.

I'm grateful for the good life I have, including my highfalutin education and its many challenges.

2 comments:

Hope said...

fun! tim and my brunch dates have pretty much gone the way of the buffalo since the blessed job hunt, but there is such value to a little treat for just the two of you! even if it's just a walk to 7-11 to grab a donut. :D

rae.ozanne said...

Or a walk to that coffee shop down the hill from your apartment. I like that place!

It's good to have couple time, and I don't want Matt to think that I have forgotten him b/c of grad school.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your brunch dates will return one day soon!