Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend

Hi, all. I know it's been quite a while since I've updated you on my life and times. Work has been unbelievably tiring and stressful, and my life outside work has been full as well. I'm not complaining about that part. It's always nice to realize that you have enough people in your life to keep you busy, though my busy schedule lately is due mostly to family activities.

April 21 we had a wedding shower for Ben and Lucy in Dallas, and the three of us went to Dallas and back in ONE day. It was crazy and fun. Right before we left town, we went to Chilis with some UT friends who moved back to Dallas. Ben had a drink and slept the whole way back!

This weekend was equally full and fun. Friday night Leanne and I decided we needed to have margaritas, so we dragged Mark along a wild goose chase for the perfect place to drink ritas on a Friday night, until we ended up at El Mercado. (Perfect meaning not wildly expensive and not crowded, of course.) Matt joined us, and we had a great time. I can't remember the last time I've had a margarita that big--as big as my face! (Oh, and Mark apparently cried tears of joy right in the middle of the UGL when he discovered that I would be staying in Austin. Right, Mark??)

Saturday morning Lucy and I had doughnuts for breakfast (my idea!). Then Friday afternoon I and three of the other bridesmaids hosted a bridal shower for Lucy. We played some silly games, of course. Lucy had to bake a cake without a recipe and without knowing what her ingredients were, and she and my mom entered an ironing contest to see who could better care for Ben's shirts. Silly. Mom won.

Saturday afternoon Mom, Dad, Ben, Lucy and I all hung out at my apartment and ended up rearranging the furniture to achieve the optimum studying environment. I may just stay in my little box/home for another year, so I needed to see how to make it better for studying, not just TV watching. Afterward we all went to dinner at the County Line, and I think we all slept well with bellies full of meat. ha.

Yesterday was also busy: lunch with family, choir rehearsal, gym, and laundry. Tonight is the big choir concert (8 PM at Bates Recital Hall). I'm actually really looking forward to it now. The music is gorgeous, and the orchestra is very talented.

Anyway, I'll try to keep posting, but it may be difficult. After the choir concert my life will just be on fast forward to Ben's wedding (and his graduation!).

No comments: