I'm staying here!
That may come as a surprise after my last post, gushing about the wonders of Chicago. But, let's be realistic here, folks: Money Talks. UT offered me the opportunity to be in a good program virtually free of charge; Chicago would have required either sale of body parts (I hear kidneys sell well) or an exorbitant loan. I want to do well in academia, but I think I'd rather take the risk of having to work my way up from a good program for free than taking out a huge loan for a program that may or may not pay off. Plus, the program at Chicago sounded very stressful. I don't need extra stress!
So, there you have it. I'm going to Texas!
1 comment:
well done for making the decision. did you chat with your mentor before this decision? what did he say?
Post a Comment