Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Problem with Energy

So, I'm actually in a fantastic mood at work today. I've noticed that I usually tend to be beyond grouchy Monday, silently resentful Tuesday, and mildly accepting Wednesday. By Thursday, I guess I've adjusted to life in the office again, so my mood improves. Also today my lovely friend Adriana took me out to lunch at this delicious place on S. 1st called, Cafe Buenos Aires. It was yummy, and it was nice to be away from the office for a little longer than usual.

Anyway, now I'm feeling energetic and happy. I mean I even feel like singing and dancing (weird, I know), but I can't do that because I'm in the office again. Ok, I could, but it wouldn't go over well, I suspect. In a way, it's almost easier to be here when I'm tired and grumpy, because at least I can handle the sitting at my desk better. I feel like I'm wasting this exuberance on a crowd who could care less. Wait...what crowd? Maybe one of the mail guys will walk by in a little while a give me a smile. That always makes my day. (Maybe I will also buy a plant for my desk. I could use some extra life around this here cube.)

Anyway, what's worse: trying to muster up what little energy you have to do something you don't care much about or trying to reign in all your excesses of enegy to do something you don't care much about? Perhaps whichever mood I'm in determines the answer to that question. Although I suppose it's generally better to be happy.

No comments: