Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ah, September.

Hey people. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it didn't feel as hot today as yesterday. I was walking in the shade with a pleasant breeze an hour ago, and I actually wanted to be outside. That's a feeling I never had throughout the entire month of August here in Austin. I'm beginning to feel hopeful. Maybe by ACL it will be bearable? 

I'm getting SUPER excited about ACL!!!!! My parents bought me a 3-day pass this year. My first one ever. They're coming too, which should be fun. My dad and I like most of the same music. Without fail I will get as close as possible to the stage to see M. Ward. It must happen. MUST. After my failure to see him during SXSW, I feel I owe it to him. To us, really. 

I'm also excited about Jenny Lewis, Band of Horses, Iron & Wine, MGMT, G. Love...to name a few. I'm tempted to buy a ticket to the post-ACL show at La Zona Rosa featuring M. Ward, Jenny Lewis, and Conor Oberst. So tempted. Will I have the energy and money for this amazing Sunday-evening event? Would anyone come with me??

In every day news, grad school semester #3, week #2 has begun. So far my classes seem interesting. I'm taking a class on theories and methods in the study of religion and a class on the birth of psychotherapy. Both allow me to cultivate my interests in religion, obviously, as well as intellectual history. I really like reading theoretical texts. (Thank you, Plan II, for that.) I haven't attended my other class yet on the history of the atlantic world. It will be a lot of work. yay? 

So far I'm meeting my goal of running 3x/week. I would also like to do some other kind of exercise 2x/week--pilates, or strength training, or maybe yoga. We'll see. I've really only done the 'other' form of exercise 1x/week so far. Oh well. Just gotta keep my diet under control, and maybe I'll be happy about my health. 

Other than that, I can't think of anything particularly interesting to tell you all. Oh, except that my 25th birthday is coming up! Sept. 12th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

emilie and i will be at the acl after show with m. ward, jenny lewis and connor oberst! you should definitely go. emilie bought my a ticket awhile back.