My TA sections have been going pretty well so far, too, which also makes me happy. I really get a kick out of my students--their personalities are interesting. It's a fun and different perspective to come into a room and to try to see what everyone has to offer instead of looking to see which person I want to be friends with (or date). Plus, I'm just constantly amused by the vain struggle of my job--to get them talking about the material. Some of them laugh at my jokes, which is pretty much the biggest ego stroke I can get. I've always wanted to be funny.
The semester isn't getting any easier. Yesterday I freaked out about obtaining the readings required for one of my classes and almost dropped it. After freaking out (and wasting energy) for 2 hours, the professor emailed us to say he'd made them available. I was a little bit ashamed of my craziness. Even after all these years of trying to mellow out and have an appropriate attitude toward classes, I'm still that same, ridiculous perfectionist underneath. Hopefully this week is not an indicator of how (poorly) I will manage my stress this semester.
But, enough about that. BIRTHDAY! YAY! Now I must decide: keep working like a good student, or blow off work and go buy a new shirt for my party?
2 comments:
For sure, you should go buy a new shirt! After all, it IS your birthday.
And I already said this on FB, but Happy Birthday! Hope your party is awesome!
shirt! shirt!
Post a Comment