Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bus Diaries

An actual that took place at the back of the bus today on my way to campus:

Dude #1: Dude, the other day I ate like seven hard boiled eggs.
Dude #2: No way, man.
#1: Yeah, I was farting like crazy. I ate so many eggs.
#2: hahahaha
#1: I'm telling you man, it's like the butterfly effect. 
#2: huh? 
#1: You know, that theory. I farted so many times that I probably started a monsoon in Asia.

...a few minutes later...

#1: I bet my farts are contributing to global warming.
#2: Yeah, man
#1: Yeah, man, that's what we should do. When it gets too cold in Austin, we should get everybody in the city to eat a whole lot of beans...

While this was going on, another guy at the front of the bus was telling people about his petition to get city council not to give a whole bunch of money to a new, luxury shopping center. He was kind of adorable with his clipboards and his UT beanie, so I listened in. Later he asked me to sign the petition...and I did. He was too damn cute! Besides, who wants the rich to get richer off our dollars? I left my email address on the petition. I wonder whether he'll use it?

I heart the city bus. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet you a ton of money that he will use your email address.

jordan said...

Yes, this guy better call!


(I have a blog now!)

jordan said...

Or rather, send an email

Unknown said...

by the way, in case it was lost in translation, what I meant way, he will most certainly use your email, for the petition.