On Saturday night I met my friend Kristine and some of her friends downtown to have drinks on 6th street. I decided not to try to park downtown. Instead I parked on South Congress and took the bus downtown. Much less stressful and FREE! I met Kristine at Logan's. On my way into the bar, I ran into my friend Dana, who was there celebrating her boyfriend's birthday. I had a great time with Kristine and her friends--I even danced a little! At the end of the night I was able to take the Night Owl back to my car on S. Congress and drive 5 minutes back to my apartment. A fun night!
Experiences like that remind me of the perks of living in a city for a long time: I know where everything is. I know how to avoid unfriendly parking. I know so many people that I randomly run into old friends about once a week. I'm not afraid of buses. It is my city, after all.
Now, if I can just translate that positive attitude into my studies, I will be golden!
1 comment:
you are popular!
Post a Comment