I finally finished my last paper and turned it in on Friday around 3:45. That evening, after talking with Mom, Ben, and Lucy each for a few minutes, I realized that I was too tired for human company. I took myself out to dinner alone at 888 and then to see No Country for Old Men at the Alamo. I liked the film, and spending several hours alone, not thinking or talking was absolutely wonderful.
Saturday I spent all day with Ben and Lucy, shopping and going to the movies. We saw I am Legend. I liked that one too. Then I went with Leanne and Mando to a party that night. Yesterday was a marathon baking day with Rachel and Patricia. We had so much fun! We also learned that three anal-retentive, serious ladies also make baking into a serious project--we made 4 different kinds of baked goods! We baked at my house, so I have about 4 dozen reasons to get fat sitting in my kitchen right now. Anyone hungry?
This morning I still woke up in a panic, thinking I had work to do. I may not shake that feeling until I get to Dallas. All I really need to do is return library books, renew my lockers, and get a present for my dad. Hm. that sounds like a daunting day. Anyway, this morning was really great, because I spent the morning reading for pleasure and writing in my journal. Now I'll walk to the bus in the bright blue cold and do my errands in a leisurely fashion.
1 comment:
mmmm...those post-semester recovery days in austin are magic... :)
Post a Comment