My brother called me yesterday to let me know that he's been accepted to chiropratic school in Dallas. If he begins in May, he might even be eligible for a scholarship! I'm really happy for him, because this is what he's wanted to do for a while now. If he begins in May, then he and Lucy will probably move to Dallas right after she graduates from Texas State.
This is exciting, but my heart hurts a little to think about them moving to Dallas. I know how close Dallas is to Austin. I make that drive all the time. I'm just going to miss them a lot when they're gone. It's really hard to think about the two people dearest to your heart leaving.
Ben and Lucy are my very best friends. There were some years as undergraduates that we spent nearly every Saturday night together. Last year Lucy stayed with me nearly every weekend. I still see them as often as possible. I just love them.
I'll stop being sad for now--they're not gone yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment