Thursday, November 08, 2007

And we're decidedly in November now

Hi all. Things are going well here. Really well.

Of course school is busy, but for some reason I'm not freaking out about it. I'm just putting my nose to the grindstone and working. I will finish my work. Hopefully it will be good. Maturity is comforting. I think it also helps that I met a nice guy, who takes me out and tells me I'm pretty. That kind of distraction keeps me from having time to be anxious. It's really great.

I love the grey weather we've had for the past few days. I always see better in grey weather. I mean that. Colors stand in sharper relief; things come into focus more clearly. My eye doctor says this is because I am a young, near-sighted person. I always preferred to think that there was some accord between my somewhat melancholic tendencies, my intellectual bent and weather that is good for contemplation. This just goes to show that rational explanations are not always the most satisfying, but that non-rational explanations, while perhaps more beautiful or poetic (when expressed by someone who knows how to write well), sometimes just sound silly next to the rational explanations. It's funny how beauty can seem silly out of context.

I also love dusk for the same reasons that I love grey weather. I see more clearly, and I feel the poetry at the end of the day much more deeply than the brightness of the morning. I work in the morning. I prefer to reflect at dusk. (Except that it is morning now, but it is a grey morning.)

Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with all this. I just feel peaceful today, and I haven't felt truly peaceful in a long time. I wanted you all to know.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I've heard it said that the best time to take photos is just before dusk, because colors photograph better when there isn't -quite- as much sunlight. That's about as scientific as you're going to get from me.

Anonymous said...

you know...we really need to talk...

there may or may not be somethings i haven't been posting in my journal either...