Tuesday, October 02, 2007

City Bus Diaries

Well, I took all of your advice into consideration; I'm keeping the blog for now. It's one of the curses of being myself: I know how to make any good thing into an obligation. Anyway, we haven't had a good ol' fashioned bus tale in a while...

A few weeks ago, after getting off my bus in my neighborhood, I made eye contact with this cute guy, who was still riding the bus. He smiled at me, and I smiled back--two big, huge smiles. Adorable, no?

Well, the next day I accidentally overlooked him in the morning when I got on the bus. I'm sometimes so trapped in my head that I don't notice important details of my surroundings. Anyway, every time I've seen him on the bus since then, it seems that he's deliberately looking away from me, even when I sit in the row next to his, you know to give him an opportunity to say hello. Of course I can't ever think of anything to say to him, so there's an awkward feeling on the bus (at least on my part, I can't really speak to his thoughts).

In the last week or so I haven't seen him on my morning bus at all, so I was beginning to give up. Yesterday evening I took the bus home at a different time than usual, and when I looked up from my stop downtown, where I was waiting to transfer, there he was standing with his back to me!

I have no idea whether he actually saw me, because I pretended to read my book while deciding what to say. couldn't think of anything normal or casual! I decided to wait to talk to him as we were boarding the bus--that would be a semi-normal time to talk, right? However all my worrying was useless, because he boarded a totally different bus!

I guess it's probably not worth worrying about a guy who doesn't have the guts to talk to me either, but he is adorable. Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ugh.

guys of the world, grow some balls.

seriously.