I have to say that it's only going so-so. I can tell that I would benefit from even just a tiny bit of structure in my life--a T.A. assignment, or a very part time job that required me to be at a place at a time. That sort of thing. Of course, I could also just choose to enjoy the fact that my life is moving at a slower pace for the next few weeks. That I have free time to spend with Matt and my friends. Maybe I'll focus on that instead of cultivating guilt.
Still, I'll be glad to be back on a schedule next year. I like interacting with people every day. Research isn't always conducive to that. Maybe I'll just do collaborative projects after I get the PhD?
Nevertheless looking forward too: mini-vacation with Matt to Portland, Oregon in 3 weeks; visiting Hope and meeting her friends in Utah; Sufjan Stevens concert!; and COOLER WEATHER.
3 comments:
"cooler" weather??
hello, understatement!
can't wait to see you!
Yeah, at this point a high of 90 sounds amazing. 85 like a dream. 75 like a freakin miracle.
I can go jogging here in Williamsburg at like 11 a.m. without dying! Or at least, I could, if I wasn't afraid of getting run over by a horse/crashing into a horde of tourists.
Post a Comment