It is also weird to realize that I will have spent all of my twenties--with the exception of one year--as a UT student. I will spend all of my twenties, and then some, as a resident of Austin. Really, I'm pretty lucky to be able to say that. UT is a great university, and Austin, in my estimation, is one of the best places to live in the U.S. Still, as someone who moved roughly every 5 years up through the age of 18, this long duration in Austin has left me feeling a bit twitchy. I can't say that I have wander-lust, exactly, but I definitely have relocation-lust. Hopefully my brief stints in Provo, Philadelphia, and D.C. over the next two semesters will help to quench that a bit. I think it's safe to say that I'll always be a Texan (transplant, it's true, but I love this state nonetheless), but I'd kind of like to be a transplanted Texan. At least for a little while.
Also, I've started obsessively looking for grey hairs. So far I don't think I've found any, but then again, maybe some of those 'blond' hairs are really grey?
The next three weekends: Trip with Matt to Portland, Oregon; Chris & Hannah's wedding (in Austin); and road trip with Lucy to Utah! I can't believe I'm 2 weekends away from my first research trip!
3 comments:
I have found four grey hairs since leaving Austin. I think departing the city makes one physically older. I yanked them out and resumed playing the part of a child seemingly too young to be allowed in the archives.
getting SO EXCITED!! (caps required)
27! You're getting old! Hope all is well
- David
Post a Comment