My roommate just found out that she's going to be published in the William & Mary Quarterly, which is a big deal for American history. I'm happy for her! But, it makes me want to go back and try to revise one or two of my old papers for publication. (Not that would necessarily be published, but it would be good practice anyway.) Working on this will stave off boredom, I suspect. I think I will start on my paper about saints and ethics. This will be a good challenge to my brain, because ethics journals are different from historical journals. I also need to get into some books on ethics for the ethics part of my dissertation.
In TV news, I'm alternating between old episodes of the X-files, Veronica Mars, and BBC dramas. Veronica Mars is a lot of fun! I'd recommend it as well.
In music news, I just checked my top 25 most played on iTunes this afternoon. I think all but 6 songs were by M. Ward. The other 6? Radiohead and Band of Horses. A friend of mine recently said that she'd be happy listening to Bob Dylan for the rest of her life. Clearly this is true for me and Mr. Ward.
Sorry for the randomness. I don't have any ideas to discuss right now, but I didn't want all of July to slip away without an update. Oh, and I'm moving next week. Big fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment