Last night was one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time. Our friends Sarah and Eric invited us with some other friends over to meet Eric's mom and to try a quebecois treat--poutine. Poutine is basically a bowl of French fries (pretty much my favorite food ever) with gravy and a cheese that is somewhat like mozzarella, but a little sturdier in texture. It may sound weird, but it was DELICIOUS. We spent the whole evening drinking wine, eating poutine, smoking Eric's new hookah (apple flavor!) and chatting. I love intimate gatherings like that. I laughed harder than I have in a long time, and it was altogether relaxing. I hope we can have a repeat soon!
Tonight Matt and I head to send my friend Emilie off for a 2-year stint in the peace corps, and tomorrow we install my new bookcase! Much needed during my qualification exam studies. The books are really taking over my room!
Next weekend my parents are coming down for ACL! Three day passes! There aren't as many bands this year as last that I'm jumping with excitement to see, but there will still be plenty of great music, and it's fun to hang with Mom and Dad and Matt. Should be great! Life is happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment