Thursday, August 20, 2009

One of those days

I'm definitely having one of those days. Well, not exactly. It started off great. I got up early; went to the gym; and I was ready to sit down to the computer at about 10:30. Not bad for a summer day. However, somehow various things have distracted me throughout the afternoon to the tune of my doing about 1 hour of actual work on my Master's Report, which is frustrating. 

I just got off the phone with my mom about car maintenance issues, and I know that I shouldn't put off having my car looked at, but September is awful for grad students. I have to pay part of my tuition and my rent, and I won't get reimbursed for tuition payments or my first full paycheck until October. It is stressful not getting paid for a month or so. I'd also like to have some custom bookshelves made. I know it may sound like a luxury, but my room is tiny and I'm running out of space to put things. I can't work at my desk anymore because it's covered in stuff. 

Okay. I just needed to vent that. I really want to call this day a wash and just start over tomorrow, but...that's quitter's talk isn't it?

No comments: