Saturday, August 22, 2009

I am a grown person, aren't I?

Okay. Freak out time over for now. I took care of the car, which needed oil and filter changes. NOT a big deal. Matt's gone for the weekend, and I having to deal with car stuff on my own was good for me. I used to do these things all the time, and now that I have a loving boyfriend, I think I've become a little bit of a baby when it comes to stuff like that. Typical, I know.

Another part of the problem is that I hate dealing with things that alter my schedule. I really don't handle it with dignity. Grad school can make you feel like you need to be working all the time (especially with an MA deadline looming), and thus I resent having to take "life" days in which working stops to address other necessary things. It's silly I know, but I can have an inner tantrum about it. I'm still working on that: wasting energy resisting things that I have to do instead of accepting it and moving on. 

Anyhow,  I don't think it's bad at all to rely upon the person you love, and it's not the biggest character failing a person's ever had, but, hey, a grown woman should be able to handle an oil change.

No comments: