Monday, April 27, 2009

I was doing so well there for a while...

...then I became very busy and forgot to write! 

Since my last post, I have made at least one major decision: I will be finishing my MA report this summer rather than this semester. It was a difficult decision for me to make, because I've never set a deadline for myself that I haven't been able to meet before. However, I couldn't be happier that I made the decision, because my stress level went way, way down after that. 

I've still been busy with classwork and my TA responsibilities. Plus, I've continued to work on my MA some. I'm writing a couple of interesting seminar papers on the ethics of sainthood and on the religious 'experience' of Joseph Smith and R.W. Emerson. I'm enjoying it!

Matt and I are still very happy. Two weeks ago I went with him to his brother's wedding. I met the remaining few relatives whom I hadn't already met, and I really liked them all. They seemed to like me too, which is nice. We might go visit his brother Kevin and his girlfriend Steph in D.C. this summer. Could be fun! 

Other than that trip, this summer I'll basically be around Austin, finishing my MA and working for my advisor as a research assistant. I'm looking forward to the more leisurely pace and the opportunity to FOCUS on my project. Hopefully this summer will also yield some time to figuring out a dissertation topic. Oh boy!

No comments: