I've been pretty busy. As you can well imagine, the end of the semester was basically nuts with papers and grading. The good news is that I am FINALLY finished with classes! My professors also really liked my papers, so I may try to publish them as articles, if I ever finish my MA report. That's basically what my summer has been about: my MA report. I am working for my advisor as a research assistant, and I'm working on my MA as well. It's been pretty slow going. In part because the job takes up about half of the time I've put into working this summer, and in part because I haven't been working much on weekends and not at all in the evenings. Needless to say, such a significant reduction in my working hours has resulted in more friend and fun time.
Matt and I have been spending lots of time together as he is looking for a job and I am working from home. We're slowly working our way through the many, many movies he wants me to catch up on, and we've made it through two seasons of Spaced, four seasons of The West Wing, and half a season of Studio 60. I really LOVE TV on DVD. LOVE it.
We've also been making 'couple friends.' It's been fun to go to movies, have dinner, etc with other couples. Of course, we've had a couple of weekends out of town at Matt's parents' lake house. Our parents have even met now, and everyone gets along well, which is nice. In a couple of weeks we're headed to the D.C. area to visit his brother and brother's girlfriend and various relatives on mine. Should be fun!
I've been trying to catch up with all of my friends who are in town as well. Even with half of my grad school friends away doing research, I still find that it's difficult to make time for everyone more than every couple of weeks. I've also made it to Dallas to visit the fam once, and a few lovely visitors from Dallas (Maggie and Stacy) have made cameo's in my weekends. It's been good to see everyone! And now that Rachel is back from her research trip I finally have someone to watch girly reality TV with me again!
Basically, I plan to continue along this basic line of work and play for the rest of the summer, BUT I've got to be sure to get this MA report done! I don't want to be writing it when TAing and comps reading are underway! Oh stresses. Oh well. I hope you all are having great summers. Much love!
2 comments:
You're fun to watch girly TV with.
YEAH she is.
Post a Comment