The next night we went to a party at my friend Chris' house. Leanne, Mando, Jeff, Matt H., Jarad, Debbie, and a few others were there whom I haven't seen in a long time. It was really great to catch up with all of them, and of course, end up singing and dancing in the backyard later in the night. I miss seeing them all more often.
This Friday Ben and Lucy were in town, so Matt and I met them at Trudy's for dinner with two other friends (Ben and Bailey). Then we all hung out at Ben and Bailey's for a while, eating cake for my brother's birthday. I always love to see my brother and sister-in-law. They are my people. Ben and Bailey also have a really cute schnauzer puppy. CUTE!
Yesterday afternoon we drove out to Marble Falls to see Hope and meet her new husband Tim. Tim is a really great guy, and a history grad student! (The best kind of person.) It was great to see Hope, and it felt natural to see her again even after a year and a half of separation.
It's been great to see old friends and family and just relax a little bit. I also have to admit that it's great to have Matt with me. It's nice to have a person to come with me everywhere, especially a person I love and I think is great. really great.
Spring break is this week, so I'm looking forward to time with him and to visiting my family later in the week. If only I didn't have so much grad work to do. It's hard for me to shake the cloud of stress that constantly hovers over my shoulder. I'll be working this afternoon on my MA report and on grading...boo.
Well, that's all folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment