Monday, March 02, 2009

The Joys of the Everyday

So I'm feeling really good right now. I had a fun weekend. My friend Patricia came in for the weekend from New York. She's my German friend with whom I traveled this summer. I was really good to see her and to catch up on our lives. 

Yesterday afternoon was really stressful in trying to finish up an assignment for my English seminar, but things went smoothly in class today. One student told me she liked my paper; praise from peers is always gratifying in some way. 

This afternoon has been absolutely delightful. I got out of class at 5 to perfect Austin 60ish and sunny weather. I chatted with Matt on the phone briefly, which always makes me happy. Then, I decided to stay on campus to work tonight, so I treated myself to a yummy Chipotle dinner. I've had all the calories I now need for the rest of the day, I think. But, I'm happily full and caffeinated. While I was eating dinner two of my old friends called, so I ended up having company for dinner, even though I sat alone. My friend Stacy is pregnant! My friend Matt called to wish me a happy Texas Independence Day. So I'm feeling loved. 

I'm also looking forward to working. I'm finally just setting aside some time to write a little bit of my masters report tonight. Of course, I have to write it to give to my advisor tomorrow, and of course, the writing process is painstaking. However, I've been caught up in the whirl of coursework and grading and trying to keep my meagre social life afloat, so it's nice to set aside time to do real work. It feels great, actually. 

Hopefully I'll still be singing my happy tune after 3 or so hours of trying to write the introduction to a paper that still has no shape. Regardless, at least I'm starting out happy. 

No comments: