Last week my backpack broke with my unprotected computer inside. The mouse button wouldn't work when I tried to turn on my computer. Naturally, I panicked. My lovely boyfriend helped me take it to get repairs and kept me from losing my mind entirely. Luckily, I had backed up my data the day before, so I didn't have to worry about losing anything. I was actually only without my computer for 5 days (got it back today!!), and my boyfriend's mom allowed me to use her computer to convert some of my word docs to google, so I was able to access everything that I need. Nevertheless, it was a sharp reminder of how dependent I am on my computer to all of my work.
Other than that, things have been going well for the most part. Matt and I are happy, happy. He's a great boyfriend! My classes are going well, and my TA experience is highly educational. My only real worry is that I haven't been able to put as much time into my Masters report as I need to in order to finish when I want to. I'm just still not sure what I really want to say yet. I try not to let it worry me...but, I'm not good at not worrying.
Anyhow, sorry for the boringness of the post. It's the best I've got for now.
1 comment:
see, i've never backed up my laptop before, but it's been acting kind of wonky lately and your tale scared me into backing my data up. so, thanks.
Post a Comment