Well, dear readers, it's been nearly a month since last I wrote about all the dietary angst I was experiencing in Grand Prairie. I really don't know whether it's worth trying to catch up on the details of my trip from GP to Austin to GP to Carlsbad to Santa Fe to Denver to Boulder. It's hard to do justice to such an amazing two weeks in one entry, especially now that I'm stressed about grad school. I'll suffice to say that I had a great time; I saw lots of beautiful places; and I had one of the most fun and relaxing weeks that I've had in a long time with my friends Hope and Jayme in Boulder. YOU ROCK!
I finally arrived back in Austin on Friday, August 17th, late in the evening. I'm glad to be back home, but I'll admit that as soon as I saw the sign in Round Rock, saying "Austin 15", I began to feel anxious and nauseous. I haven't really stopped feeling anxious or nauseous since I arrived, and orientation for grad school certainly didn't help matters.
I suppose that anytime a total stranger tells you about the most stressful planned events that will occur in your life over the next 6+ years, stress is a normal reaction. It is definitely my normal reaction. All of the questions I've asked myself that I thought I had resolved have been welling up to my consciousness again: am I really cut out for this? is history the right discipline for me? do I really want to be in graduate school? how will I make through the next 6 or so years and come out healthy and still having friends?
I think I just need to wait until classes begin before I attempt to answer these questions. Maybe I should wait until getting the MA. ha. Anyway, stressed out Rachel is on the rise, and I will do my very best to keep her at bay.
1 comment:
I bet you the hardest part about grad school is already behind you. Getting in. I also bet there's nothing to worry about and you will do fine
Post a Comment