Times flies when you're having academia, folks. March was pretty much gobbled up by writing and proctoring an essay exam; grading that exam over spring break; a quick jaunt to the Powers family lake house; an academic conference in beautiful Asheville, NC; and finally one glorious weekend off during which Matt and I went to the Texas Veg Fest.
Texas Veg Fest was really fun! For a couple of bucks we got to spend a couple of hours enjoying the late spring/early summer warmth and listening to live music. They had a large number of food vendors selling vegetarian cuisine. Some of them even had samples! My favorite by far was the vegan softserve ice cream (safe for the lactose intolerant!) with homemade caramel sauce. Drool.
However, the best part of veg fest actually occurred on the way to the festival. Matt and I witnessed a dog properly use a crosswalk. I'm not lying, people. This dog stayed within the lines of a crosswalk at a stop sign; looked both ways; and trotted more quickly through the crosswalk than he did when he made it back on the sidewalk. Amazing!
April holds more teaching, two guest lectures, and a mock job talk. It also holds more dissertation...hopefully!
Hope your lives are happy and great!
1 comment:
That is hilarious about the dog. :) Veg fest sounds like it was a good time too! We have a vegan soft serve place near us, but I haven't been yet! This needs to change. But of course, I do love my regular, dairy-filled froyo. ;-)
Post a Comment