Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to School

It's going to be a busy semester, folks! I'm back to working as a teaching assistant for the next two semesters after nearly a whole year off from that responsibility for my research trips. I'm glad to know that I'll be home for most of the year, but my relaxed year of slow mornings and long weekends is coming to an end.

I've also got two new responsibilities on top of being a TA. I'll be working as an admissions evaluator for my former undergrad major. This entails reading all of the materials submitted for application and rating them. I'll also be working as a Supplemental Instructor for my course. I'll be leading weekly discussion sections that help students master course material while teaching them things like note-taking skills, critical reading skills, etc. Should be fun! But, I'll be busy.

I'll also have grant applications, dissertation writing, etc. to keep me going. I'll be a wild ride!

No comments: