Thursday, November 04, 2010

Oh Utah!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been a negligent blogger. I got busier with my work and my social life here in the valley(s) area. Some of the highlights of my Utah trip, as I get ready to leave in just 2 days:

-Mastering (nearly) the grid system of street layouts.
-Finding good coffee places in both Provo and Salt Lake City.
-Trying some good local beer (Polygamy Porter anyone?)
-Gaining back at least 4 of the 8 pounds I lost this summer eating yummy food.
-Watching 5.5 seasons of The Office on netflix. First time through, and loved it.
-Exploring adorable mountain town Park City with Tim and Hope.
-Becoming a de facto Utes fan. Gooooooo Utes! (It's not like Texas is doing anything this season anyway.)
-Learning that there is professional soccer in Utah.
-Learning, once again, that soccer interests me most because soccer players have nice asses.
-Mastering the LDS Church Archive.
-Socializing with some awesome BYU students whom I met through Hope's friend Halen.
-Seeing Sufjan Stevens in concert!!! It was a great show!
-Accomplishing a significant amount dissertation research, which has given some ideas about what I might do in the writing portion of the project.
-Making a lot of new friends through Tim and Hope. Their friends are great! And friendly! And welcoming!
-Having many wonderful nights in with my friend Hope (and her surprisingly delicious box wine), whom I love even more after this visit. Hope, come back to Austin!!

It's been a great research trip over all! If it weren't for missing Matt so much, I'd do it all again, and even better the next time!

No comments: