It's not that I won't do something to undo the backsliding of November and December a little bit. First, I need to get back to lifting, which I let fall to the wayside for the past 3 weeks and running, which I really only neglected totally for one week since November. (A minor victory!) Second, I definitely need to get back to somewhat healthier eating habits that do not include 2-3 desserts every day and/or 4 servings of potato chips every day in addition to my 3 meals. I don't really consider that a diet as much as do a return to normalcy.
Still, this resolution is proving harder to keep that I thought. I feel frustrated that my 'bigger jeans' fit again. And I've watched far too much television lately, and I'm sure that most of you know that the diet and weight loss commercials are out in full force now. Makeover shows aren't really helping either. Does anyone have any tips for or good books about a less agonizing relationship with food? I'd really like for this year to be one in which not only do I not diet, but I also don't obsess over every splurge and think about food all day long.
Maybe I should resolve to go to therapy? Or at least a dietician?
2 comments:
ride your bike!
holy crap, rachel. I am so obsessed with food. I am right there with you. I'm on a diet now to get rid of about ten pounds and it has totally consumed my life. and then when I'm not dieting my eating habits are terrible and I beat myself up all the time until it's time to go on a diet again because my clothes stop fitting. You're not in this alone!
Post a Comment