Monday, November 16, 2009

Music, Parties, Grading, Love

Hey all,

It's been a busy week in the life of one R. Ozanne. How to sum up?

Music: Last week I went to two amazing concerts--Regina Spektor and Monsters of Folk. Experiencing music that I love is about as close as I come to prayer, or religion of any kind, anymore in my life. In fact, I'd have to say that musical experiences are much better than most of the prayers I ever prayed. I don't mean to seem overly dramatic about it, just that my heart and mind were lightened in a way that they haven't been lately. It was really needed.

Parties: On Saturday Matt and I went to two parties. One was for some friends in my graduate program who got married over the summer in India. We finally met to celebrate their marriage on Saturday afternoon over delicious samosas. Saturday night my former roommate's brother turned 28, and we celebrated into the evening with dancing, wine, and even Jello shots! It was good to reconnect with friends whom I see less often that I used to.

Grading: I made it through yet another pile of 70 exams this week. I graded what was absolutely the most hilariously creative and wrong exam ever. But, it was nevertheless a joy to read. I meant to copy it, and totally forgot. Now it will have to live on in my memory...

Love: Each weekend with Matt is better than the one before. After our concerts and parties, we spent Sunday with his family--mom, dad, and one brother with his fiancee. I love family life, so it meant a lot me to eat home cooked food, watch football, chat, read, laugh, and go out to dinner with his family. They are great people, and I feel lucky to know them and very lucky to know Matt.

No comments: