The weekend was good, but busy. Friday I went to the History Department's happy hour and from there went with friends and the boy to dinner. We had a good time. Saturday was laundry/M.A. day. In the evening I went with boy, roommie, and Sarah and Eric to see Where the Wild Things Are. It was a little sad, actually (meaning the tone), but there were some cool parts. Then we stayed up playing Settlers of Catan. This game is seriously awesome. Sunday was back to the regular routine with a short break for a 'harvest party' at Chris and Hannah's.
With all the attention I've given to the M.A. this past week, my reading for my comps exams has fallen way behind. This happens in grad school all the time. It will probably happen again this week, as I've got to try to throw together a grant application and write up a conference paper proposal. Hopefully I can squeak at least two books in this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment