Thursday, May 29, 2008

doggy death

I went with my mom to put down my childhood dog this morning. I know it was his time. He hadn't been able to walk at all for about a week. He wouldn't eat or drink. I think he could still recognize me, but I can't be sure. 

It was a strange event, going to the vet. My mom carried him in. I started crying as soon as we arrived. The vet shaved hair off his front right leg, injected him with a pink substance, and we watched him fall asleep and die. He was so still. I sobbed. 

I'll miss him a lot. He was the best dog--loyal, loving, thinking, smart, cute. He always followed me wherever I went, and he liked it when I played the piano. I have some great memories of him. 

My mom and I went to lunch afterwords. We toasted to his memory over hot, raspberry sake. God, I'll miss him. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Ace. Rest in peace. -Mag