I'm really disappointed that Obama didn't win in Texas or Ohio. Every time I think about the upcoming election I become nauseous. I guess I'm finally old enough to care about who's running the country.
You know all of the plans I was excited about a week or two ago--my research, SXSW, traveling this summer? Now I'm anxious about them.
As I looked through the schedule for the festival next week, I became overwhelmed by the amount of information I need to process just to have a good time. I'm not hip, so I've heard of none of the films and maybe 5 of the bands. I guess part of the point is to discover new stuff, though, right?
My research will have to be conducted at the center for American history, which is all the way on the far, nowhere side of campus. I think that I will still enjoy the work, but there's a lot of stuff to process, and I have no idea how to organize my project. Ugh.
I'm excited about visiting Europe, but I'm realizing that going there will pretty much eat through my savings. My parents are nice enough to let me use their frequent flyer miles to purchase my plane tickets, or I wouldn't be able to go at all! Still, I want to go! I want to do something exciting!
I'm nervous about going alone, though. My friend Patricia will travel with me through Germany for about 2 weeks, but after that I will be on my own. Of course, of all the places to be alone, western Europe is not a bad place to be. I'm still just a little scared. What if the French people hate me because I can't remember the future progressive? (Or any vocabulary?) Will I have enough money to eat? How much stuff should I pack? on and on...
I think that I tend to have unrealistic expectations of myself. I expect myself to plan all of these major things all at once. I expect myself not to be nervous. Maybe I should just start by going to the grocery store before I worry myself out of existence.
No comments:
Post a Comment